Saturday 6 October 2012

GEEK IS

Good Saturday all!

Today I am en route to my latest demo at Leisure Games and thought I would share a little video I found.

Now before I show you this video I want to share with you a truth.

Before I saw this (live via a digital stream from the US) I was a lot more cagey about being 'out'.

You see, I was aware before of how my interests would be seen by the supposed masses, and the one thing I did not want to do was make myself a pariah or a martyr.

So before hand I would keep quiet and only reveal the 'real me' to those who I trusted implicitly.

I am of course talking about being a Geek. If there are comparisons in the above comments with something else, then that is deliberate and says a lot about how I saw my hobbies.

Then I saw this presentation, Chris Metzen at Blizzcon 2010's Geek Is speech.

It moved me, it showed me that we as a group have no reason to be ashamed or embarrassed by our pass times.

The funny thing is, I owe Chris Metzen for giving me the Geek-Confidence (Geekfidence?) to apply and start being a Henchman for Wyrd, if it had not been for this video, and the message behind it, I would not be who I am now. (Something I am sure my wife resents that every day) :p

Anyway, on that note I'll leave you the video: Chris Metzen: Geek Is

Thank you,

See you all breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment