Thursday 11 October 2012

Something Wicked...

Good Thursday all!

So today my Baby Kade arrived in the mail, and that means it's soon to be hobby time again! Yay!

And on the same day I found this on Wyrd's website;


Yes it appears that someone at Wyrd has had the same idea as me but in a deconstructed manner.

But first let me go back a step:

So as you should all hopefully know, I'm preparing for my first tournament: At the Mountains of Malifaux.

One of the events at this tournament is a Wyrd "Best Mini" in a Halloween theme, allowing for good paint jobs, modelling jobs, etc.

I decided a while ago that I needed to enter myself. I probably don't stand a chance in winning, but who was I to set a challenge, if I wasn't going to take part in it?

So from there my mind got racing. I needed to decide on a model, something I could paint/convert, but also something that I could also use in games (no point otherwise).

From that brain splurge came Karving Kade, a hybrid concept of Baby Kade with a pumpkin head (or in Malifaux terms, The Carver).

And so with this fresh in my mind, tonight I am giving my WoW levelling a pause (I'm half a level away from 90) and starting on the model.

For a quick idea, I'm looking to make a graveyard scenic base, accompanied by Kade himself with a modelled Greenstuff Pumpkin Head.

Wish me luck, and I'll see you all breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment