Tuesday 9 October 2012

Why do cats stare? And other random thoughts

Good Tuesday everyone!

So, three posts in as many days! Maybe I'm getting back in my rhythm! Maybe in a few days time I'll be posting a satirical deconstruct of the post modern wargame (I won't).

Well, things are getting underway for my first ever Tournament. Have a few people who are interested in coming, and a few who are not, and I have a plethora of tasks to do between then and now, including studying for my first of my accounting exams - yes I know it's unrelated, but I need to keep it at the forefront of my mind, and not allow it to get swept up in a Malidaze!

For me, this will be the test. I need to take exams (spaced out, as while I can claim the admin fees back from my work for my first attempt, £50 a paper is still a hit, even if I am able to get it back a few weeks later) and at the same time keep up the rest, that's organising my tournament, running demos, being a good husband and father, and really should try to be a good friend as well.

I'm not sure how well it will go, but I guess the combined fun of the tournament, with the exam results will be the judge of that.

*************
Do you know why Anthony Hopkins was so 'creepy' in Silence of the Lambs?

Blinking.

He trained himself to slow down the amount he blinked, creating the illusion of staring without actually staring. This suggests that the character sees everything, knows what you're going to say before you say it, and is always one step ahead.

It's interesting that cats do the same. They rarely blink, and in doing so create an illusion of staring.

So when a cat appears to stare, it's not staring, it's looking normally.

In fact, cats probably wonder why us humans blink so much...

*************

I'll leave you now with a mini announcement.

Roughly this time last year, my wife, our friend and myself were level 85 on WoW and we were able to 3-man the first boss of the Sunwell raid.

This was an achievement for us.

Last night, while our friend was 90 and my wife and I were 88, we shoved Kil'Jaeden back into the Sunwell, before killing Sarth with 3 drakes up, finally finishing Naxx and going toe to toe with Malygos!

All of this with just the three of us.

I love outlevelling raids :D

See you all breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment