Wednesday 17 April 2013

General Junk

Good Wednesday everyone!

My head is all over the place today. Partially because my body clock doesn't know what day it is as I have Friday off (and next week too) but also because I have a monster of a cold - ouch!

But I've got a few small things to talk to you about today:

1). On Monday we recorded Episode 05 of New Fairbank Radio. The full recording came to just shy of 2 hours!

Last night I started the editing process, and currently I'm at the intermission, and it's just over an hour. I'll be finishing the editing tonight for a regular Wednesday night/Thursday morning release.

2). Urrrrrgh I hate being sick!

3). Owewweww I really hate being sick!

4). Ok this is actually interesting!
So I awoke to find the following link in my twitter feed: http://www.warpathgames.com/wholesale/warpath.php?m=detail&p=93886

It was found by none other than @DavidKerrSmith and relates to what @jdmickleburgh believes could be a Malifaux take on Zombicide! If this is indeed correct, then that could be really good!


5). Last but by no means least, I've been playing a little bit of Bioshock Infinite the past couple of days.

I went into this game with what I must say was a bit of a closed mind about what to expect.

You see, when the original was released the game had a lot of hype behind it, a hype that I don't believe it lived up to. Yes it did an interesting take on how games are played and put a spin on it, but the game itself didn't really feel all that special to me.

Call me a PC snob, but I felt that it was good for a Console game, but only 'alright' for a PC game.

Then Infinite comes along with much the same type of hype, so you can imagine that I'm a lot more reluctant to get into this than I was the original.

But I must say, despite it's obvious flaws and faults, it's a good game.

The game does seem to lead you by the nose within the narrative, all the while telling you "you have free choice and you're actions have an impact on the game" with one hand, while with the other hand saying "you can't progress any further until you push that one lever, open that one door or talk to that one person".

It's clearly a solid game, with very nice use of the Unreal3 Engine and I am enjoying playing it, but it feels to me like it thinks it's so much more than it actually is.

Anyway, that's all from me for tonight, see you tomorrow for (with hope) Episode 05 of NFR!

Stay safe, and I'll see you breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment