Sunday 7 April 2013

MaliQuest: Enter - The Butcher

Extract from Dr Loxley's Manual of Monsters

The Butcher

In all my time spent in the Crypts, there are few things that chilled my blood quite like this beast.

Clearly of Neverborn decent, but twisted by all manner of unholy magic.

I still remember it's lair, all spikes and hooks, and on each protrusion was skewered a human body.

It was the smell that alerted me to this place first. I had been separated from my party and became lost in the darkness, when I was made aware of the foul scent of decay.

It was the meat hooks that bore this creature its name; The Butcher, for it had strung up its victims like swine at a slaughter house.

But it is the image of the creature that shall forever be burned into the back of my eyes. A towering monstrosity, bloated beyond belief, with a hungering maw where it's belly should have been. In one hand it bore a cleaver soaked in rotting blood, while in the other it's latest victim which it ate with no concern.

It did not take long for me to abandon my observations and leave the beast to it's meal, but as I did I noticed how the corpses in it's lair were varied, and some even appeared Nephilum.

Whoever this creature swore allegiance to, it was not the same as the other creatures of the crypt.




**********************

And there we have my first attempt at creating a section of the Monster Manual.

The aim is to include a sketch if possible of the creature being discussed, and a bit of background to describe the beasty.

Anyway on that note I'll let you go, and say as always, stay safe and I'll see you breachside.

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

*Image nabbed from Razorsteel on behalf of Raging Heroes

I plan on featuring The Butcher as a boss character, just need to ensure that the appropriate model is the right size: Legendary Size Heroic Size

No comments:

Post a Comment