Tuesday 2 April 2013

MaliQuest: To Redesign A Deck

Good evening everyone!

So as I predicted, things have been pretty quiet from me over the last few days, but I will give you a proper update in a day or two.

In the meantime I want to involve you in the main MaluQuest updates I've been thinking about.

So last week I discussed the idea of Artifacts adding suits to your Ca stat. I want to stick with that and also alter something else... I want to remove cogs from Artifacts.

Let me just let that sink in for a second.

Yes, remove cogs from Artifacts.

I realised you see, while most Artifacts had cogs, the only thing you would want to slot into that is a suit, and if Artifacts auto give suits, then what's the point beyond giving overpowered combos?

I think suit mods still fit a role, after all weapon triggers can still use them, and who wouldn't want a Peacebringer with 2 inbuilt Rams?

*************

Next up:
The Basics Deck.

So as you know I have the Dungeon Essentials deck, which currently consists of 300+ cards, of which the GM is supposed to extract 50 Commons, 30 Uncommon, 15 Rare and 5 Epic cards to form a 100 card deck.

Before I push on with the Companion and the Monster Manual I want to get a basics deck, that's 100 cards ready to be printed and used, no need to sort and faff.

Which means I need to decide on what cards to go in.

The 50 Common is actually quite easy, no the problem are the 5 Epics.

I'm thinking 1 Gun, 1 Melee, 2 Artifacts and 1 item of equipment.

So what do you think?

Gun = Peacebringer (the iconic gun of Malifaux), Ryle's Gattling Gun, the stolen Shotgun, the Sanctified Crossbow or the Custom Pistol?

Melee = Executioner Claws, Relic Hammer, Peacebringer blade or Lilith's Greatsword?

Artifacts = Collet's Hat, Holy Relic, Ramos' Discharger, Jon's Mirror, Mike's Mask, Mechanical Assistant, Raspy's Orb, Shard of Brilliance or Sonnia's Lighter?

And finally equipment = Perdita's Gloves, Inventor's Jacket, Witch Hunter's Hat, Ryle's Fist, Ramos' Gloves or Guardian's Chestplate.

As you can see there are some hard decisions. No matter what is picked some really fun items are going to be missed, but this is just a starter set to get the game moving, so please cast your votes, let me know what you want to see and I'll what I can do.

Anyway, I've got stuff to do, so as always, stay safe and I'll see you breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment