Thursday 25 April 2013

New Fairbank Radio: Episode 06 + Random other junk!

Hello!

It's been quite a few days since my last post, but fear not, your good Doctor has been very busy with lots of fun stuff to talk to you about.

********************

First up today is Episode 06 of New Fairbank Radio!

This is downloadable from the usual means, Podbean, iTunes and the inbuilt blog stream.

This week we had a chat with our new co-host Will and discussed a few random things, like where is the podcast going, commissioned painting, that sort of stuff.

***************

I'm going to try to only briefly touch on what's been going on, after all it's roughly a week since my last post!

So this weekend was my wife's and my 6th wedding anniversary. So we took a trip into London where we stayed for two nights.

On Friday we saw the new remake of the film Evil Dead, which I need to do a proper review soon, but it was so intense!

This movie put me on edge, my anxiety levels were through the roof and stayed there until I felt unwell and needed to take a 10 minute break for fear of being sick.

Anyway, more on that another time.

On Saturday in the morning I took a trip to Salute, which was super fun! I got to see loads of fun stalls including Miniature Factory who have a great range called The Locals:



I also saw a really interesting game from Troublemaker Games called Timeline 300


It's a 10mm scale Steampunk Wargame that introduces resource management as you would expect in an RTS game like StarCraft.
- certainly something to keep an eye on.

Next up was a game called Sphere Wars not much to say as I haven't looked at the rules, but the minis are Nivea d should make interesting proxies if nothing else:


Last but by no means least, I also saw Smog 1888






These models are of a much larger scale than I am used to, but I was able to walk away with a very nice Pre-release that I'll be revealing shortly.

Anyway, that is that, and now time is running short.

I aim to write more tomorrow, so until then, stay safe and I'll see you breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment