Sunday 18 August 2013

A roundoff for the week

Good Sunday everyone!

It's hard to believe that it was nearly a week ago that I shared with you my plans for this week.

Well this week is now coming to a close, and with it a lot of fun that was had.

So as projected my eBay order for Reaper Bones undead and goblins arrived on Tuesday, and I spent ages trying to bend them back into the correct shape, this was not going the way I wanted it and many of then were at very bad angles, which I have since read was as a result of how they were packed by Reaper.

So after some research, I found out that leaving them in a bowl of boiling water is supposed to return them to their original shape. I did this and was amazed to see in a matter of seconds entire models that were massively bent, straighten before my very eyes!

These have all been put aside now, and with hope will be worked on this week after work in preparation for the bank holiday weekend.

Then we came to Wednesday, the day I had budgeted to spend working on CRYPTS, and boy do I have some fun things to show for it!

As a little preview for you, I'm happy to showcase:


The Giant Spider!

I now have a small number of beasties including Giant Spiders, Imps, Skeletons and Zombies! I also have some weapons in the form of ranged weapons, melee weapons, spells etc.

Now this stuff is in no way ready for release, but the hope is to test it at a friends BBQ I'm going to next weekend, and at the very least see if things like the combat or similar works.

Of course we then hit Wednesday night and with it came the opening of the Wyrd store online, my order was placed including:
Hamelin, The Ratcatcher
Necropunks
Copycat Killer
Doppelganger
Primordial Magic
Tuco
Mr. Graves
Mr. Tannen
The Depleted
All of this came to just over $100 so I am very much looking forward to the inclusion of the Miss Steamborg.

This then carried over to Thursday where I was super happy to see the following:


This is a photo taken from the new V2 book, and I am super happy to see myself and my wife included in the beta testers! I'm very happy to see my name in print!

So that was it for all the fun war gaming news! I hope in the next few weeks to give you some more news on my adventures in The Secret World, and next week I intend to also bring you an update on the first alpha test of CRYPTS!

Anyway, that's all from me for now, so until next time, stay safe and I'll see you Cryptside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment