Wednesday 29 October 2014

Some personal disclosure

Hey everyone.

Just a short post from me today.

So yesterday I wrote a piece about how in a very vague way I am leaning towards leaving the wargaming community.

I would like to very quickly tackle part of why that is now, but without giving too much away.

You see as of Monday my family and I entered what for us is a very dark time.

I'm sure what we are going through is very much unimportant to a lot of other people, but it is crippling for us, so bad that I can not discuss it here for fear that if I put it down into words I will be unable to stop myself from crying, and right now that is not what I need to do.

Instead I need to be strong and positive, because while me and one other person is aware of the bleak situation, there is one other person in our lives that we need to put first and make sure that no matter what happens this bleakness does not effect them and they can come out of it positive with the same amazing and happy nature that they have gifted us with for the past few years.

No matter what happens this time has a deadline stamped on it. In four weeks time we have to some how pull a miracle out of a hat, there is no alternative other than perhaps treading water but we can only do so for so long.

I hope that in four weeks time (or less) I can look back with relief and explain to you all what happened and how now things are either better, or at the very least survivable, but until that is done I am not able to do so.

Please note, until then I may lash out, I may attack or taunt, I may be pretty damn miserable and I will almost certainly hate myself for doing so. There will be an aspect of truth in everything I say; after all my dissatisfaction with the wargaming world is a real thing, but please do not think this is at all personal to any of you.

Thank you for your time.

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment