Friday 7 November 2014

First Law: Override - Collaboration Needed

Greetings friends!

We've had a bit of a change happen here at chez Loxley and it has released a semi block on First Law: Override for me.

I still need to wait for the ink to dry if you will before I can say what happened and if it is resolved, but we are getting there.

Anyway, this block on First Law has been removed. I am not fully invested yet because like I said in my previous post about this game and my hobby; I don't know who I am making this game for.

With this in mind I am looking for someone I can collaborate with. Someone who likes the initial sound of this game and it's universe, but more importantly someone I can bounce ideas off, who will bounce ideas off me and we can take this idea from some ramshackle thoughts into a workable game.

To open the table here is one major change I am debating: Removing Space and Different Planets.

The planet of Tanka V (thinking of another name, maybe Sanctuary or similar?) is a rich world. It has the beautiful glass and metal spires of Capital City, the grimey girders of The Block, vast wastelands and a seething alien hive below the surface.
- Everything needed is right there; are other worlds needed?

There is of course the issue of other races beyond Humans living on this world, but by removing the spaceship sponsorship reward and replacing it maybe with vehicles (bikes, buggies etc) removes the need to go to other worlds and venture into space.

Yes there are derelict missions; the ones where you explore dead spaceships in space, but there is no reason why that can't become abandoned research stations etc in frozen wastes or whatever?

The thing is; this is a huge change by almost removing the operatic feel of planet hopping and instead tying the story to a single world, which in reaction allows for it to become more personal.

This is just one change among many.

So what do you think? Want to get involved? Even if we're not talking collaboration and would rather be a soundboard; please let me know.

I'm unable to commit much to the wargame hobby etc, as I said before, I can not support it in the large. But this game is something I still believe in.

Anyway I hope you'll get in touch.

**EDIT: Another name for Tanka V could be Honos; the Roman god of chivalry, honor and military justice. After all it is a world colonised by Humans who in turn named their own solar system after Roman gods. It makes sense that after being ousted from their own world by a rogue AI that they would name their new home something similar.

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley


No comments:

Post a Comment